Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 12:23
Learn a language or improve your English with this free service for library members.
Transparent Language Online is packed full of pronunciation, speech, grammar, writing, and vocabulary building lessons for over 80 languages, including 17 English as a second language (ESL) courses.
Thanks to the introduction of new apps for iPhones and Android, you can now access this service on your mobile phone (smart phones).
The Transparent Language Online language-learning program contains:
• Essentials Courses - 33 lessons to get every learner started
• Byki Quick Start - 10 lists of key words and phrase for patrons with limited learning time
• Byki Vocabulary - a full library of supplemental vocabulary lists
• Language Reference - resources to explore higher-level language and culture elements
• Language and Culture Blogs - designed to add variety and depth to the learning experience
• Word of the Day - makes language learning part of patrons’ daily routines
• Online Social Communities - patrons can interact with Transparent Language’s online community of over 2 million fans, followers, and friends, all learning language together
• Pronunciation and Conversation Practice - record, playback, and compare speech to the pronunciation of real native speakers
• SlowSound Technology - slow down speech to hear every nuance
• Interactive games - including Four-Square, Game Show, Unscramble, and more!
• Byki Mobile for iPhone® and Android™ devices - allows for language learning on-the-go
• Proficiency tests
Click here to start exploring...
(Sign in to YPRL's databases with your library card number and password. First time on Transparent Language Online? You will need to also sign up as a new user.)
Dutch Sint Nicolaas Party
Weekend Storytime 2014
Lalor Playgroup 2014
Pop Up Art - In partnership with Living & Learning Nillumbik